Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feral Update
04-11-2019, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2019 07:04 PM by Smudge's Mom.)
Feral Update
Well, the Wild Bunch will be a year old on the 21st of April.

They survived a very harsh winter beautifully. I had a heated house for them and a number of insulated ones filled with straw. I don't know that they actually ever used them or if they bedded down under my neighbors deck. Her clothes dryer vent is there and whenever she did a wash, they had their very own sauna. Along with free feeding dry food, I gave them two hot meals of canned food a day along with a heated water dish.

I took this photo today. I was 15 minutes late with their mid-morning snack. They were not happy and they are not very forgiving. Oh, their mom, Wild Thing, is fine. She always takes off for a couple of hours every morning. Even great mothers need a bit of a break each day.

[Image: 2v2E7KKKCxb3MB.jpg]

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: Feral Update
Skunk eyes! Looks like they know how to throw shade on the hand that feeds. Glad you caught the message in the lip lick. ; )

Best,
JanH
User Tools
04-12-2019, 05:36 PM
JanH, pleeeeeeze, do not mention skunk. About two weeks ago, early, early in the morning, I went out to replenish their food. I feed them under a canvas patio swing cover so everything stays dry and protected from the wind. I gently (thank goodness) moved the cover out of the way and there was Ghost (grey boy), Phantom (black girl) and a little skunk all happily munching away from the same bowl. I made a quick retreat and now feed well after sunrise so the skunk has ample opportunity to go back to bed.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
04-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Looks like your in trouble for being late. They all look in great condition thanks to your loving care.

[Image: 45324860545_efeba67d4d_n.jpg]
Helen. Hamilton, New Zealand
User Tools
04-14-2019, 06:51 AM
Looks like they are getting skunk eye lessons from the real creature. Hope it ends there.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
04-15-2019, 01:06 PM
They are adorable and thank you for taking such good care of them. Funny about the skunk buddy

[Image: 27655543479_864a67f5b9_z.jpg]
Rebecca & The Hooligans Freyr, Freya, MRune, MonAimee, & Blaise: RIP Merlot & Sunna, Katie loved forever
Calgary, AB Canada
User Tools
04-16-2019, 11:38 AM
They’re looking good and definitely have the ‘stink eye’ perfected! Big Grin

[Image: 32162356893_5c3a52e9b7_z.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa