Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow and Zimba
02-19-2019, 12:06 AM
Shadow and Zimba
Went for health check and vaccinations today. Pleased to report both have put all their weight back on. Shadow is 7.95kg and Zimba 7.92kg 😀 Zimba scared us as when vet listened to his heart it was racing. Told him nurse had just brought him back after taking him away from me into another room to clip his claws and do a hygiene trim and I could hear him crying the whole time and explained he hates not being able to get to me just howls.. Vet said probably separation anxiety & stress then. Sure enough after 5 minutes cuddling with me and vet stroking him he checked again and his heart rate was back to normal. Smile Shadow will possibly need a tooth removed in the near future but for now will keep an eye on it. Apart from that both checked out healthy. 👍

[Image: 45324860545_efeba67d4d_n.jpg]
Helen. Hamilton, New Zealand
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2019, 06:10 AM
RE: Shadow and Zimba
Glad to read the exams went well. It is always a relief.

It is not a big surprise that a hygiene trim alone with a stranger would send his heart racing.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
02-19-2019, 06:57 AM
So happy to hear that the boys are back to their good weights. Next time ask if you can go into the treatment room or if the boys can have their nails clipped in the exam room with you.
Paddy taught our vet that taking him away from me was not a great course of action. He skunked him with his anal glands. Now I hold and cuddle while they do whatever needs to be done.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
02-19-2019, 04:42 PM
This is good news Helen, so glad the boys are back on track. xo

[Image: 32162356893_5c3a52e9b7_z.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009