Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please
11-27-2018, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 06:50 AM by khyeranggi.)
Help Please
You guys helped me so much personaly, and I have lost all pride. I am OK, but just returned to work today. I am a teacher, and as you can see our schools are destroyed. I am asking for donations for school supplies for my students. Admin says students will return next week, but seriously? We are teaching with nothing. Of, course, this is entirely possible, but no power or water.. Please help. I would like to deliver educational supplies to the families. I am thinking easy things like puzzles, stuffed toys, books, if you can help, thank you!. We have food and water and emergency rations, but the kids need crayons, construction paper, markers, books, tissue, chalk.. mostly, things to read and write with. The little ones need toys and games. We can play, but need some supplies.
thanks in advance.
https://paypal.me/saipanstrong
https://youtu.be/pLu6Q6P2VbM

If you can stick with the video, as it has no sound, you will see our schools. Absolute destruction!

Honestly, today, we just tried to find families. Our office is at Marianas High School, and we have no power. Phones are spotty. We just drive around and try to find kids. Some families are just living under tarps.

I just do not know how to do this. Seriously, we are reporting to those schools. It is like reporting to somewhere where a bomb went off. I cannot remember how to teach, we just pick up debris and spray vinagar on the mold. We just pick up and throw out stuff. This is nuts!

[Image: Claude_Steele_Sig3_zpszxwh8k3p.jpg]
Hafa Adai from the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands!
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Help Please
How terrible and yet there is nothing on the news or from the US gov't about this tragedy. I pray for the island to recover. I am glad that you have found a place to live. I am saddened that you can't have Claude or Bones.

[Image: 27655543479_864a67f5b9_z.jpg]
Rebecca & The Hooligans Freyr, Freya, MRune, MonAimee, & Blaise: RIP Merlot & Sunna, Katie loved forever
Calgary, AB Canada
User Tools
11-28-2018, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 05:53 AM by khyeranggi.)
Never mind. It is a new day and I think I just had a bit of a panic attack. Red Cross and FEMA are helping with supplies. Honestly, I think I just had a moment. Now they are postponing students returning until the 10th. Funny how my mind goes. One day I am cool calm and collected and the next day I sorta...well...lose it. It was really a shock returning to work, but we will be fine.

I think going back on our campuses broke me even harder than the loss of my home. It is the strangest thing...my mind goes sorta white blank and I look at my colleagues and see white blank expressions as well. Then we sorta shake it off and just start cleaning. Then the maniacal laughter sets in and we just sit on the ground and talk story. Then these dudes from the military come and ask us if we want cold water, and we cry, because, their generosity overwhelms. That is the only time I cry, when someone offers simple kindness. Weird, right? I know I am venting these these thoughts here, because it is a safe place to talk story. So please forgive me. I cannot speak of it to friends and family, but you guys? Well, thanks for letting me go nuts here.

User Tools
11-28-2018, 06:08 AM
Funny, the cold water. Cold water is like gold as ice is short supply. (we have water, but cold water is gold, as we have no power for refrigeration and freezing). Those dudes gave us each two bottles of cold water, and at first we thought they counted wrong, so we had this whole conversation about giving the extra bottles back. Then, we hoarded, thinking, they will never know. Manical laughter.

User Tools
11-28-2018, 05:46 PM
You vent all you want. I cannot even imagine what you are going through or feeling. I wish there were some magic words that I could say that would help, but as we know, there are none. But I can listen and read..so say whatever you want and whatever makes you feel better.
My heart is with you,
Gina

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
11-29-2018, 10:01 AM
There are no magic words, Gina, but when things get heavy, or we go silent, we have three that we say to each other that brings a smile... we just say... well... F Yutu! Which is sorta funny.
And please know that throughout, the blessings outweigh any suffering.
I seriously want the rights to the “F Yutu” T-shirts, though!
Honestly, someone will say something heavy
and the world goes silent, cause it is so heavy and somebody says..Well, F Yutu! Sorta a local joke we play on each other.

User Tools
11-30-2018, 07:06 AM
Last night I hung out and got really drunk with the FEMA workers. God bless them all! They are here for the long haul, but they stay in fancy hotels with water and power. I was such a princess as I walked on marble floors with really cheap slippers. I was so awe struck with the floors, I took off my slippers just to put bare foot on marble. Really fancy!

User Tools
12-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Good to know that FEMA is there helping. You're all in my prayers.
User Tools
12-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I am very glad to hear that FEMA is on the job, and am really impressed with the way they socialize. Nose to the grindstone 24/7 is not always the answer. Have a good time when the opportunity presents itself.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
12-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Can't imagine how difficult this must be for you all MM, thinking of you and all of those affected on the island. xo

[Image: 45411842054_5aa54d09bd_z.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa
User Tools