Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saipan
11-07-2018, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 05:53 AM by khyeranggi.)
Saipan
As you may have seen on local news, our island was devasted by Typhoon Yutu. I lost my home, but we all survived. Bones is housed with Saipan cares for animals but I had to give up Claude. He now resides with a very nice family. I do not have a house, but he is well housed with a nice family. Broke my heart, but he is OK. We survived, which is good, but I had to give him up as my house is like a war zone. Everything is lost. Claude sheltered in the bathroom as I housed under a table. First the roof blew off and then the windows imploded, then the doors blew off and thank god I was able to use the door to shelter. He was housed with Saipan Cares but I have no home to keep him safe. The family that took him is convinced he is a Persian, cause what do they know? We are limited power and water. What else could I do? He is safe. I am safe. Please pray for our recovery.

It is really bad here, but FEMA and the military are here and we can recover. I am safely housed with friends, but homeless. What could I do? I had to give to give him to a good house. Ahhhh! Broken hearted, but he is OK. The family is quite well off and love him.

[Image: Claude_Steele_Sig3_zpszxwh8k3p.jpg]
Hafa Adai from the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands!
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: Saipan
Terrible, but glad it was not even worse. Let us know when you start to pull together your recovery plans - and good luck on that front too.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
11-07-2018, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 06:44 AM by khyeranggi.)
I do not know who else to tell it to. The devastation is overwhelming. Thank God! He survived!
I had to leave him in the house for three whole days locked in a dark bathroom before I could get back until we cleared the debire to get him out. He was dirty, but ok. Man. I am devastated. Housing in a small room. I lost everything.

Thank you, Jan! Just knowing that there are folks who know about us is amazing. Imagine! Only one dead in the strongest storm of the century ever anywhere. I thought I was dead, but now I am alive. We are clearing it out, but so bad, Jan. I visit my students and these babies have no water. I just spend my days driving these weird 5 gallon water buckets to houses. It just leaks, I just cry.

We are struggling finding water. I am so dirty, I only have on set of clothes. I just keep washing other peoples clothes, because they have children. So many folks displaced.

The guy that took Claude is really doing well, so he is safe and the dude loves cats. I have so much appreciation for the Saipan cares for animals group. It is crazy! Our entire island is in recovery mode and I am so lucky to have found homes. Now, all I need is to find myself a house! Very hard, but we just help each other. I spend my days cleaning other folks stuff up. It is so much easier than cleaning yourself up. Then other folks come and help me. It is so amazing.

All of our schools are demolished, so we will not return to work until after Christmas, best guess. I do not even know. FEMA says they will help, but at present moment it is hard to imagine.

I just wanted you to know, that Claude survived and we are all alive here. Funny thing, I made a bargain with God as we sheltered and he kept it. We survived! It is a miracle!

User Tools
11-07-2018, 12:15 PM
This is heartbreaking to read. I'm so glad to hear you all survived but can't even begin to imagine your devastation. Thank you for being in touch, and know that we're all praying for you.

Best wishes,
Edie
http://www.raggymay.com
Burlington, NC
User Tools
11-07-2018, 03:45 PM
This is heartbreaking - I have a cousin in Guam who is willing to help and we could start a gofund page for you as well. Let either Colleen or I know a way to contact you. I will give your information to my cousin if you like. I am sure her church is helping with clean up and recovery etc.

I can not imagine the fear the you all are going through and am very sad you had to give Claude up that breaks my heart.

[Image: 27655543479_864a67f5b9_z.jpg]
Rebecca & The Hooligans Freyr, Freya, MRune, MonAimee, & Blaise: RIP Merlot & Sunna, Katie loved forever
Calgary, AB Canada
User Tools
11-08-2018, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 12:16 PM by JanH.)
We should look for ways to provide financial support that do not cost so much. such as just a PayPal account perhaps. Go fund me tends to be an appeal to strangers, which may be a good idea as well, but may not be best for seeking aid from existing contacts.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
11-08-2018, 03:36 PM
How do I do that?

User Tools
11-08-2018, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 03:51 PM by JanH.)
Open a PayPal account, check to see if there are charges for receipt of funds and let folks know the associated email address. (You probably should use private messages here to let folks know the relevant email address rather than posting the email address for anyone to see.) Others with more experience with getting money delivered to their PayPal accounts would have fuller info on any pitfalls. Others may have better ideas. I should think any app that is designed to let folks split their lunch bill would work - one person pays for the meals and others pay that person their share.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
11-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Oh crud. I already posted the email on the other thread. Signing up was easy. Gheesh!

User Tools