Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing...
10-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Introducing...
[Image: 2v2J8LrLLxb3MB.jpg]
WILD THING (you make my heart sing)

This is my little feral girl who showed up this spring a few days before giving birth to a litter of six.

I was lucky to capture her and three of the babies within days of weaning. Wild Thing was TNR and the little ones went into foster care until they were old enough for "speutering". They have now all been adopted.

The other three have proved more difficult and are true woodland creatures living with their mom as a small outdoor colony. I was forunate enough to trap two of them this week (Ghost, a silver grey boy and Phantom, a shining black girl).
They were "fixed" and returned to me for release back to their momma. Finally, today, after a full three days of hiding in the woods, they showed up ready to eat at their regular feeding station. I will try again this week to capture Spirit, a little tortie girl. Hopefully, her sibs don't tip her off as to what happens when you go for the tuna fish

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2018, 11:13 AM
RE: Introducing...
What a good thing you've done for this mom and her family. She's a beautiful cat. Best of luck catching Spirit!

Best wishes,
Edie
http://www.raggymay.com
Burlington, NC
User Tools
10-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Awesome job saving this family. Praying you can catch Spirit.

[Image: 45513994674_a8cf9fe568.jpg]
Helen. Hamilton, New Zealand
User Tools
10-09-2018, 03:45 PM
You've done such a wonderful thing for these sweet ferals, I hope you've been able to catch the elusive Spirit by now. xo

[Image: 45411842054_5aa54d09bd_z.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa
User Tools
10-10-2018, 03:22 AM
I'll pick up the trap again on Friday and start fasting over the weekend. With a bit of luck, maybe I can get Spirit on Monday and take her to All About Animals ( a wonderful organization that does free neutering for TNR and low cost care for pets. They have a spay/neuter mobile that gets to people in outlying areas. With of their help, our local Animal Control has been able to go from a 90% slaughterhouse to a nearly no kill shelter).

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools