Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimba's ok but not so mum.
08-06-2018, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2018 10:29 PM by HelenMac.)
Zimba's ok but not so mum.
Zimba's ok but not so mum. I'm in garage getting rubbish ready to put out, hubby comes thru internal door to do some work. I open the external garage door put bag out go back to get recycling as I go to put it out see a lovely cat in the front porch then it clicked its Zimba dropped everything as I lunge for him but over toppled onto concrete yelling for hubby to get me up Zimba's out luckily he heard me got me up and I said Zimba's out so I walk round house calling him can hear him crying as I go round the side see him in front of enclosure so tell hubby to go back thru garage and out the back door while I go towards Zimba so we get at him from two directions. He see's hubby and promptly rolls on his back and waits for tummy rub. Oh be still my heart. So Zimba's ok and back indoors. Unfortunately I've skinned one knee and twisted the other. Obviously the magnet has failed on the internal door . Think time we get a different locking system on that door as that's the second time he's managed to open it. After the first escape we put a magnet on the door to stop him opening it but obviously its not holding anymore. Zimba is always wanting to be where we are and works at that door when we are in the garage.. I loved the way though as soon as he saw hubby he just rolled over for a rub that's what he does whenever hubby comes in the room. Thank goodness hubby was in the garage if he had been in the house he would never of heard me as he is deaf and didn't have his hearing aids in and I can't get up on my own. Doesn't bare thinking about.

[Image: 45513994674_a8cf9fe568.jpg]
Helen. Hamilton, New Zealand
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2018, 06:24 AM
RE: Zimba's ok but not so mum.
Oh wow, what an experience..not a good way to start the day. Glad that Zimba is fine and I hope you heal quickly. Ice pack, 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for the next 24 hours may help the twisted knee.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
08-07-2018, 06:55 AM
Wow!
Glad all is well! Zimba is a clever cat!

[Image: Claude_Steele_Sig3_zpszxwh8k3p.jpg]
Hafa Adai from the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands!
User Tools
08-10-2018, 03:19 PM
I'm so sorry you got hurt. Hope you feeling a bit better now Helen. xo
Just so glad for you that you managed to get your little stinker back in safe again so quickly.

[Image: 45411842054_5aa54d09bd_z.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa
User Tools
08-23-2018, 08:09 AM
It's good to hear you got Zimba. What a little stinker! So glad to hear that you didn't get hurt worse too. Kizzy got out a month ago too. She never even goes near the door when it's open normally. On this evening she ran out. I went running after not looking down as I was running. I tripped over the fire pit bricks. (it wasn't burning at the time). Ended up falling face down on the bricks. Skinned up my forehead, nose, lips, elbows, knees and ankles. Broke my glasses too. Ouch! I was sore for two weeks. You can still see the marks on my face!

Lily
Blue Tabby Persian
Kizzy
Chocolate Lynx (Tabby) Point/mitted Ragdoll
and mom Cheryl

[Image: 00b6ddaf-295a-4b3f-a14d-4d88bf2354f1_zpscailg7zz.jpg]
User Tools
08-23-2018, 02:10 PM
They sure are quick Cheryl and give us such a fright when it happens. So glad you got Kizzy back and sorry you got hurt too. Must say Zimba has been alot more cuddly too which is nice must be his way of apologizing.

[Image: 45513994674_a8cf9fe568.jpg]
Helen. Hamilton, New Zealand
User Tools