Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiya!
09-07-2017, 03:17 AM
Hiya!
I'm new to the forum and Ragdolls in general! I thought joining this forum would be a good idea since I've started looking into getting a Ragdoll sometime in the future \o/

It's nice to meet you all and hopefully you'll be patient with all my questions xD
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Hiya!
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Getting a Ragdoll is so exciting and I think its good that you're doing your research and learning as much as you can beforehand. Please do ask questions and there are also many threads that could help you answer questions too. If you can't find the answer you're looking for please do ask. Smile

[Image: 37980715875_970d71d080_c.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa
User Tools
09-07-2017, 04:00 AM
Thank you! I've never owned a cat before so I want to make sure I'm doing right by the kitty I want to get.
User Tools
09-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Welcome.

First advice, get two. They keep each other company, even in the unlikely event they are not besties, are more than twice the fun and are not nearly twice the trouble.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
09-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! Please ask whatever you like. We're always happy to help.

[Image: 36046561955_a3830a238d.jpg]
Owned by Eli the Maine Coon and Tiki the Ragdoll
User Tools
09-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I intend to adopt a second kitty at some point in the future :o The Ragdoll wouldn't be lonely though, someone is home almost at all times and we have an old lazy Shiba Inu already that the cat will hopefully get along and be friends with.
User Tools
09-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Ragdolls tend to love "their" dogs and sometimes bond more with the dog than other cats. So, that should work fine. One has to be careful at introduction time and about feeding (since dogs can decide all food is theirs and get aggressive about it), but you can expect a good relationship.

(Human company most of the time is not enough when the family is gone for some occasion and the pets are left alone. Then, another cat - or a d*g - can be even more important.)

Best,
JanH
User Tools
09-07-2017, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 05:04 PM by EeveeGirl.)
I've been looking into how to slowly introduce a new cat to our dog and home! I think everything should go okay :o I plan for my little Ragdoll to have a furry friend to be with at all points of her life so she wont ever be without a companion.

Our Shiba has a set feeding time so we have ways to avoid food mishaps with any other pets in the house and he's never been aggressive over us handling and taking away his food before. He's also a very gentle pupper who has never bitten another animal before and he's been around a young, energetic puppy and seemed to be ok with the puppy, so I think a small energetic kitten shouldn't be that bad either.

Also if push comes to shove, maybe once housing circumstances are different and 3 pets in one household wouldn't be a bit crazy like it is at the moment, I'll go ahead adopt the black cat that will become my Ragdoll's housemate sooner. Save my lazy 10yo Shiba some headaches from an energetic kitten by getting a shelter cat around the same age for her to play with.
User Tools