Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats who hate to "eat alone"?
08-20-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 07:24 PM by Puffy.)
RE: Cats who hate to "eat alone"?
(08-20-2017 01:26 PM)tikismom Wrote:  Depending on how hard she bit you I wouldn't be overly alarmed. If a cat wants to bite to wound they will draw blood. She isn't declawed is she? Sometimes cats who are will bite hard to compensate for the loss of their only other defense.

Thank you, this is reassuring. She has all her claws & didn't draw blood with the bite. I was in bed, nearly asleep and she bit my upper arm and ran off when I said "No!". Her pupils were big & I think she was in "play mode." I wonder if she was trying to start a game with me but I was too sleepy to catch on. She recently started playing "geriatric chase" with my mum-- she usually taps my mum with her tail or paw and runs off & my mum will walk after her for a slow chase.

When I first got her, she used her claws a lot, but they stay trimmed & she has learned not use them when playing or trying to get my attention. (I would say "No!" and stop playing when she used her claws & she gradually stopped using them).

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2017, 07:08 PM
That is a favorite spot for a pinching bite to get attention.

Best,
JanH
User Tools
08-21-2017, 05:42 AM
Nose tip is another common and, oh so available, target in the middle of the night. Smudge will often smack me with his polar bear paw, while Paddy prefers to nip with the little front teeth.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
08-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Freyr loves to nip (bite hard sometimes) my fingers when I am petting the bugger. Silly boy doesn't realize the pets stop when he bites. He uses his paw to grab my hand when I stop petting so I know he wants the pets.

Rebecca & The Hooligans Katie, Freyr, Freya, MRune, MonAimee, & Blaise: RIP Merlot & Sunna loved forever
Calgary, AB Canada
User Tools
08-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Lol @ Smudge's polar bear paw bops & Freyr demanding pets with his paw 💙

I'm lucky Odie picked a fleshy part to nip! And redoubling efforts to keep her busy & happy.

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools