Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Plan
08-11-2017, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 10:36 AM by khyeranggi.)
Emergency Plan
We have none! Here in the Marianas we are unusually calm what with threat from NOKO. Seriously, tonight I was thinking, What if?
I was watching CNN and the Mainland is concerned. I just don't know. I did cancel my trip to Rota, because you can see Guam from Rota, I jut don't know.

The weird thing, watching the news is that nobody knew we were here...well, maybe you guys, but, most Americans had no idea! I was watching ABC and the dude said the nearest population was the federated states of Micronesia. I thought...HELLER?

[Image: Claude_Steele_Sig3_zpszxwh8k3p.jpg]
Hafa Adai from the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands!
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Emergency Plan
I have cousins in Guam. Right now the cousin herself is in Ontario for the summer but her family is still on Guam.
I was watching video of someone asking regualar everyday Americans where North Korea was. Scary a few wanted to bomb Canada.
I am praying that both these two idiots don't continue their grade school bullying of each other and start a war.

Rebecca & The Hooligans Katie, Freyr, Freya, MRune, MonAimee, & Blaise: RIP Merlot & Sunna loved forever
Calgary, AB Canada
User Tools
08-11-2017, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 11:41 AM by khyeranggi.)
https://vimeo.com/122383452
Keep us close in prayers!

I love the shot of John F Kennedy High School! Lot's of Mainlanders do not even know we are Americans. Go figure!

I watch CNN and Fox News, and the thing is, most mainlanders do not know that we are the head of America's spear in the Pacific. No one here is panicked. We have the NORAD and everyone is calm and going about daily business. Seriously calm! If we are not worried, do not worry yourselves.

User Tools
08-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh I have been so worried about you! this is such an awful situation, I think this is one of the most helpless I have felt in my life.

Let's hope this all calms down.

[Image: 8746daa0-a7d8-40cd-bcfc-fa1013c9cf27.jpg]
User Tools
08-11-2017, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 08:21 PM by Puffy.)
Oh my goodness, what an unsettling time Sad

I'm embarrassed at my ignorance about the Marianas until I joined this forum and looked it up after seing your signature and beautiful photos of your island (and the boys & MsBones!) Sending lots of good wishes & prayers 💜

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools
08-13-2017, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 06:11 AM by khyeranggi.)
Puffy,thank you for finding us! We do not mind threats of war because we are used to it. What bothers us more is that folks do not know where we are.
We have been the tip of the spear ever since ever. The only reason we have missle defense is because we need it and the mainland does not. The US houses their pre positioning ships in our lagoon. We see them everyday! We know if we do not see them there is threat of typhoon or war.

They are still there, so we are not worried! If they move? I will let you know.
https://media.defense.gov/2017/Aug/04/20...66-001.JPG

The ships remain in harbor, so we are safe!

Man, if those ships move we are in trouble!

Funny, that! Ragdoll cat owners will know before anyone!

I drive to work every morning and watch those ships. If our lagoon is empty, I will let you know. It is never good, mostly for weather, but our weather is calm.

User Tools
08-13-2017, 10:37 AM
i love you optimism! They always say island folk are stronger than anyone and you guys sure prove that.

[Image: 8746daa0-a7d8-40cd-bcfc-fa1013c9cf27.jpg]
User Tools
08-13-2017, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 01:50 PM by Puffy.)
Yes, This is Breaking World News-- Ragdoll Edition! *fingers crossed*

Stay put, Ships!!

Earlier this year I watched a documentary about WWII and the importance of the Marshall Islands & Micronesia (It also talked about the dogs trained for the military efforts-- Ms. Bones' ancestors were tough puppers!)

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools