Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty "Date Night"
08-07-2017, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:47 PM by Puffy.)
Kitty "Date Night"
I take my girl to Cat Night at the vet's office every month. It's a cats-only hour where kitties can stop in for nail trims ($10), nutrition info, weight checks & cuddles (free). Odie has her favorite tech for a mani/pedis (& unlike at home, Odie doesn't talk smack in public). I used to to think it was an extravagant "guilty pleasure" to take her to the vet for nail trims (she's the only kitty I've had trouble trimming alone), but it's been a great way to socialize my adult adoptee over time. I'm very proud of her 💜-- she jumps in the carrier, is quiet on the short ride & no longer hides in my shirt or the vet's sink).... (for the record, I'm still convinced there's a chicken somewhere in her pedigree Big Grin)

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 04:31 PM
RE: Kitty "Date Night"
I love the whole idea of Cat Night. I am going to mention it to our vet. Perhaps, you can get a picture of Odie next month enjoying her evening at the spa.

"CAT HAIR...Both a condiment and a fashion accessory."
[Image: 3cats-vi.gif]
The FurBrats Three
User Tools
08-08-2017, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 08:25 PM by Puffy.)
Will do my best Smile I'm really impressed with this vet's office. They do a lot of kitty outreach and rescue work. We're in a rural area where it doesn't occur to people to bring cats in for wellness checks or vaccines (they do for their dogs b/c rabies tags are required for the county & there's a lot of heartworm in both dogs & cats in the area). I didn't realize that heartworm Is a rare, but fatal issue for cats in some endemic areas. (O is on Revolution during the Spring & Summer. It may be overkill, I dunno)

Odie (75% Raggie, 25% chicken) & lady-in-waiting Pippa Smile
User Tools
10-10-2017, 03:59 PM
This is a lovely idea. Wish they did this sort of thing over here.
I would love to see a pic of Odie at the spa too! xo

[Image: 32162356893_5c3a52e9b7_b.jpg]

CODY (lilac point) D.O.B. 12th Dec 2010
FOSCO & KATY (bluepoint bi-colours) D.O.B. 26th Feb 2014
Mittens (DMH) D.O.B. 26th Sep 2009
Bailey (Mini Doxie) D.O.B. 3rd May 2016
Colleen, South Africa
User Tools