Ragdoll Cat Forums
Hello everyone :) - Printable Version

+- Ragdoll Cat Forums (http://www.ragdollcatguide.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone :) (/showthread.php?tid=21661)

Pages: 1 2

Hello everyone :) - ragmama - 08-05-2017 10:21 AM

Hi everyone

We will soon adopt a ragdoll kitten. I am quite excited and have been looking pictures online trying to figure out how will our kitty look like when it gets older.
Initially I thought he might be a mitted with a large blaze, but our breeder says it is a blue bicolor, but pet quality.
So I am attaching few photos, will be glad if you can show me some examples of what he might look like when he gets older.

Thanks in advance Smile
[attachment=2945]
[attachment=2946]

RE: Hello everyone :) - tikismom - 08-05-2017 10:53 AM

Congratulations!
I'd say that the breeder is correct.
He's adorable!
Welcome to the forum.

RE: Hello everyone :) - ragmama - 08-05-2017 01:03 PM

thank you Smile

I thought he was a mitted because he has a darker mark at one side of his nose and his legs aren't all white though it is not that obvious in the photo because I had to turn it into a lower quality pic in order to be able to post it.
I have read that bicolors should have white legs and our boy has white mitts that's why I am confused

RE: Hello everyone :) - Puffy - 08-05-2017 06:16 PM

Welcome! Your baby has the sweetest face. I adore blue bicolors. It will be so much fun watching his face and body develop their colors. We have more experienced members who can tell for sure, but to me it looks like as he grows he'll have a narrow white "upside-down V" on his face. (Some bicolors have very wide V's, other have narrower V's)

RE: Hello everyone :) - JanH - 08-06-2017 11:05 AM

There are (current) mismarks that are mitted bicolors. They have the white V, but mittens in front. Breeders choose which pattern to select for the kitten, sometimes based on the genetics, which may "preclude" a mitted kitten (two bicolor parents).

RE: Hello everyone :) - ragmama - 08-07-2017 12:06 AM

Thanks everyone Smile

I am glad that I have found this forum before getting our boy, such great information and adorable pictures of ragdolls

RE: Hello everyone :) - wrvond - 08-10-2017 09:34 PM

For me, the most important color is the blue eyes.

RE: Hello everyone :) - Codysmom - 08-11-2017 12:03 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your little cutie-pie, he is gorgeous. His colouring reminds me a bit of one of the other forum member's (HelenMac) cat Zimba. Perhaps she will see this post and post some kitten and adult photos of him, he's a very beautiful boy.

I have two bluepoint bi-colour siblings, here are their kitten photos and photos as adults for you to get an idea.

This is Katy at 18 weeks old (4,5 months)
[Image: 36107485550_e65c27569d_o.jpg]

Katy again at about 19 months
[Image: 34239021956_36cd0923e1_b.jpg]

Fosco at around 16 weeks
[Image: 33113141535_86b6e4dc61_b.jpg]

Fosco at around 17 weeks
[Image: 36458038616_f245f12c98_o.jpg]

A very recent pic of Fosco (aka Fozzy) at 3,5 years
[Image: 36201010926_13825facce_b.jpg]

RE: Hello everyone :) - ragmama - 08-14-2017 03:08 AM

OMG Codysmom they are both gorgeous, I hope our boy will be as fluffy as your kitties. Big Grin

We will get our boy this Sunday, I will post some photos of him when we get him. Seriously so glad that I have found this place Rolleyes

RE: Hello everyone :) - Codysmom - 08-14-2017 05:03 AM

(08-14-2017 03:08 AM)ragmama Wrote:  OMG Codysmom they are both gorgeous, I hope our boy will be as fluffy as your kitties. Big Grin

We will get our boy this Sunday, I will post some photos of him when we get him. Seriously so glad that I have found this place Rolleyes

Aww, thank you! It's odd but although they're siblings they have different coat lengths. Katy has longer fur than Fozzy but Fozzy's is much more dense.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby when he comes. I just LOVE watching how they grow and mature. Take loads of pics because they change so much especially over the first year.